- "Love Me Like You Used To," Forthcoming 2018 in anthology, Finalist in Short Story America Prize 2017
- "The Buck" (Emrys Journal, Volume 29, Spring 2012, Winner of the Sue Lile Inman Fiction Award) Order your copy.
- "Meltdown" (Dark Fire Fiction, Fall 2011) Read the story.
- "Places Like This" (Waccamaw Journal, Spring 2011) Read the story.
- "The Great Flood" (Mythium: Journal of Contemporary Literature, Volume 3, Summer 2011)
- "Girl Talk" (Expecting Goodness & Other Stories., Fall 2009). The stories in this anthology were chosen and edited by C. Michael Curtis, long-time fiction editor of The Atlantic. This book was also a runner-up for best book of short fiction in North America in the 2010 IPPY Awards.
"Girl Talk" is now an award-winning short film called The Widower's Pearls. Check out photos from the production and premiere at the 2012 Expecting Goodness Short Film Festival.
Book signing at the HUB-BUB Showroom for the Expecting Goodness & Other Stories anthology.
* * * *
My ten minute one-act play, Something Adulterous This Way Comes, was produced in Laird Studio Theatre at Converse College. The plays that were selected for production had to embody a dark theme, hence, the title 7 Plays for Evil People. My creative work is a dark comedy about a wife who hires her husband’s adulteress to murder him, but things go horribly wrong when the wife discovers that the adulteress has not properly disposed of the weapon, or the man’s body.
View the poster of the play. (PDF)
View the program of the play. (PDF)
Pictures from the play
* * * *
NONFICTION & TECHNICAL WRITING
- "Keep Writing, Even When It Hurts" - Guest blog entry for Rebecca Rasmussen's blog on June 13, 2011. She's the author of The Bird Sisters.
- Converse College (past contributor of web content on website)
- Spartanburg Herald Journal (reported and wrote stories)
- Spartanburg Convention & Visitors Bureau (researched, complied, and wrote copy for the local visitors’ guide)
* * * *
I wrote the commercial clips below.